Monday, June 13, 2011

Lead as He leads.

Youth Camp.

It's the thing that most church going teens look forward to all year long.  It's a chance to catch up with last years friends, a chance to make some new friends, a chance to get away from the city, but most importantly its a chance to get a fresh encounter with God.

This year, as our youth pastor is away for a family wedding, I have the opportunity to be one of only two sponsors that take our teens to this camp(did I mention I'm the only one who has been to youth camp with our church before?).  I'm a bundle full of nerves and excitement all at the same time.  Typically I'm more of a behind the scenes type leader, but now God has put me in this position as a leader for a reason.  I am praying that God gives me strength and wisdom during this week.  I want my heart to be open to what he wants to teach me and how he wants me to guide these 14 young people through His Word this week.

I want to lead as Christ leads, to know when to inquire and to know when to let others speak. To hear His Spirit prompt me in a certain direction and to know when the Spirit is prompting the youth and to let them hear and to let them respond as He directs.


[John 12:49-50]
For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

I pray that this week my lips would not speak out of my own mind, but out of my mouth would flow the words and wisdom of my Father, and my Savior.


Prayer Requests:
1. Wisdom and Patience for this youth camp
2. Gordon Griffith is currently in the States gathering some footage for another short documentary, pray for wisdom and hope to get the job done to the best of his ability.
3. A few friends of mine returned from a month long ministry trip to Japan, pray for rest and recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment