Wednesday, March 23, 2011

These small moments...

Today I took a day off from work.  I've been so exhausted and drained, I felt like I was getting sick and so its just seemed like the right course of action.  The day past uneventful really, I was able to unpack from the youth trip, clean a bit and get some groceries which I was in need of desperately.  I opened up the blinds to the patio and realized that Spring is upon us.  I took a walk around the apartment, and down by the pool, it was very nice and refreshing I think I'll be going down there to read more.

As I was resting on the couch of my apartment today I noticed how peaceful I suddenly felt in the presence of God. The blinds gently swaying back and forth as the sun began to set.  It stuck me beautiful how much detail God puts into the little things, like the way the shadows and light changed ever so slightly as the movement allowed or prevented light from hitting the blinds.

I love having these small moments with God.

[Acts 9:31]
Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace.  It was strengthened; and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment