Monday, March 21, 2011

SLAVE: The Hidden Truth About Your Identity In Christ (new book I'm reading)

So recently I've been really burdened by the Holy Spirit with the idea of being bound to Christ and being a slave to him.(You've probably noticed from my reoccurring references to Pauls confession in [Acts 21:13] that he is "not only ready to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."   And through my reading the bible I haven't seen that many references to us being slaves to Christ other than a few here: [Romans 6:15-23] and here: [1 Corinthians 7:21-23].  I was just so pulled in by this verse in Acts and his resilience to do God's work whatever the cost I had to make something to express what I couldn't say which you've also seen in a previous post. So when I happened to come upon this book at a Christian book store recently you can probably guess how excited I was to see it.

[On Amazon]
As I read the inside cover I knew that this book was exactly what I had been looking for. So far I've only read the first few pages of chapter one and I can already say that John MacArthur is really digging deep and giving solid references to the statements he makes.  I had to put the book down because it was late and it was just so overwhelming to take in all the information, every other sentence I was saying "WOW!" (as in wow I can't believe that and that is so true, crazy, insane!)

I will definitely be keeping you guys up to date on how good this book gets.  In the mean time check out the book on Amazon.com. You can read through some of the book there if you want to check it out for yourself, let me know what you think about it if you do!

Prayer Updates:
1.  Our youth trip was a success! The speaker Steve Grant was amazing he really brought the Word to the teens in an understandable and applicable way and the worship was truly anointed!  Check out the band Caste that lead our worship here at their facebook page.  I especially loved when the lead singer/guitarist pulled out his bible in the middle of worship and read [Micah 7:8]! PURE AWESOME.

Favorite worship song from the trip:

"I may be down, but I will rise,
it may be dark, but God is light.


I may be down, but I will rise,
it may be dark, but God is light.


I once was fatherless
A stranger with no hope
Your kindness wakened me
Awakened me, from my sleep

Your love it beckons deeply
A call to come and die
By grace now I will come
And take this life, take Your life

Sin has lost it's power
Death has lost it's sting
From the grave You've risen
Victoriously

Into marvelous light I'm running
Out of darkness, out of shame
By the cross You are the truth
You are the life, You are the way

My dead heart now is beating
My deepest stains now clean
Your breath fills up my lungs
Now I'm free, now I'm free

Sin has lost it's power
Death has lost it's sting
From the grave You've risen
Victoriously!



Into marvelous light I'm running
Out of darkness, out of shame
By the cross You are the truth
You are the life, You are the way."






Prayer Requests:

1. My friend and I are working on something together, pray that God gives direction and wisdom in everything surrounding this project.  More details to come when God releases me to tell. :)
2. Pray for those suffering in Japan, there is a long road to recovery. Just recently found out through the church that I attend that one of our missionaries there had thought to be missing and the church that was just built there thought to be destroyed. But Pastor Shoei Abe was found alive and the church has little damage, it has electricity and Internet and is being used as a location for relief work.  Japan is a country in which less than 2% are following Christ so pray for salvation to come in a time where hope seems lost.
3. Gordon Griffith is in need of a round trip plane ticket to visit his family and then go back to Thailand so pray that God would be his provider in a miraculous way.
4. Lastly, please pray for rest and strength for myself. I am just feeling very tired and worn down.


A.

No comments:

Post a Comment