Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Jesus made people uncomfortable.

Its true, thats why so many people hated him, why the Pharisees and the high priests and the Sadducees wanted him killed.  He talked about things that people didn't want to hear about, they didn't want to acknowledge that they were sinful, that they were wrong.

I've found very recently that this was revealed to me.  I'm not afraid to post beautiful scriptures from Psalms or other verses that I have found that encourage me on Facebook or any other site.  And everyone is fine with it, because everyone likes a great "feel good" scripture that they can say "Oh, that sounds so sweet." or "Amen that is beautiful." But when you begin to post things that make them squirm in their seats or question their own conscience, they become defensive and make comment about it.  Often times resorting to throwing insults and using language unbefitting any normal conversation.

But I take it in stride I guess, as I am coming to this place of complete surrender to God it is going to make a lot of people uncomfortable and I'm sure a lot of people will have much to say about it.  Ah well.

I am not afraid of them anymore.


[Matthew 10:22] 

You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Just some thoughts on this second day of being iced in, also I've been working on the final piece for my entry in the final of the Facebook contest Work Of Art-Remixed. Check in on Feb. 8th to see the both of us finalists work.


God Bless and prayers of safety for those who are snowed in.

A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment