Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm ready now...

Priscilla Ahn - Dream



I came across this song, and just listening to it made me cry.


A life has been lost in my church she has returned to her maker and though I did not know her well her legacy will endure.


Every fiber of my being hurts, I feel like if one more person tells me to wait, tells me that I can't go where God has called me that I will snap.  I feel like I'm suffocating here now, the walls are closing in and it physically, and emotionally hurts to not be doing what I'm called to do.  I know that God will make a way, I know that it is his path I follow it just gets so foggy with other people giving me their opinions...I know their intentions are good, but if you are constantly pointing issues out at me, trying to be constructive....but on some occasions its really been discouraging.  I feel like Paul when he said:


“Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”



[Acts 21:13]



This verse just keeps ringing in my ears and it seems that no one is listening.


I did a recent piece of artwork called bound to you. 14 x 20in, Mixed Media. I will type the text out another time, its too late now but it pretty much says everything that has been going through my mind lately.


On a side note I was able to chat a little bit with Gordon Griffith on skype and his advice was basically don't think, don't question, just do it.  All of the preaching I've been hearing says the same thing, everything  I'm reading in the Bible and other books says the same thing, but then what is holding me back?


Maybe thats what I am supposed to find out.



"Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be. 


The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep. 
I had a dream  
That I could fly from the highest tree. 
I had a dream. 

I'm ready now, I'm ready now...."



A.

No comments:

Post a Comment