Monday, January 31, 2011

Not everyone gets you, but God does.

This was made apparent to me as I shared my newest revelation from God to a few people.  The reaction was not "Oh wow that is so amazing! God is gonna do an amazing work for his kingdom!"  but rather a lot of awkward stares that felt like "Okay this chick is CRAZY."  But God knows my heart better than any person on this earth and so I take comfort in that.

This first month of 2011 has been amazing.  It just goes to show when you really devote your time to the things of God rather than the things of this world he will reveal unimaginable things to you.  I have just been burdened with a new found passion and hunger for his word, God has already done such a great work in me, I just can't wait to see what he does next.  I'm just so ready and for the first time I feel that I am sincerely willing to let God use me it really is the sweetest feeling in the world.

I am just reminded today that here in America we know nothing about what it really means to be a Christian and to truly be persecuted.

Asia Bibi, a Christian woman in Pakistan, has been sentenced to death for blasphemy.

Pray that this woman be released unharmed, and that her faith and love of God be strengthened in this time.

Oh God how far we have fallen, Lord give us a passion for what burdens your heart.


[Revelation 2:4-5]


   4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

A. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alexandria!!

    I'm so glad to see you following God in this area. I wanted to share some info that has been helpful for me over the years: Birthing Your Dreams/Visions by Joyce Meyer. This is a teaching series that you can order off of her website and is good to listen to about once every other month for encouragement. Another resource is a website: http://www.christian-artist-resource.com/Christian-artists.html

    Keep on Keeping on. Prayer, Patience, and Persistence is key. : )

    Blessings,
    Michelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle!

    I actually just found that Christian artist website the other day as I was searching, thank you for the encouragement and for the suggestions. I'll definitely be looking into that Joyce Meyer series. Its great to know that there are others out there seeking the same things as i am.

    God bless and thank you again!
    A.

    ReplyDelete