Friday, January 28, 2011

God breaks your heart to build you up.

I've been reading through the book of Acts for the past two weeks.  I'm only on Chapter 7.

You really can't begin to understand how much you don't know until you start digging in deep.  I am so amazed at the words I am reading and its just so surprising to me that I didn't know, and no one told me.  Growing up my parents didn't really teach me about God, what I knew was from friends and the occasional church camp I went to.  Even church camps didn't really teach me what I needed to know.  And in high school when I was old enough to drive myself or have someone drive me to church, the teachings I sat under were really all surface stuff, no depth, no meat.  Do people just think teenagers can't handle it? Weren't the disciples young too? And they were the ones that Jesus called, the ones who went after him.

I'm working on a new piece of work, a painting that I've been slaving over for the past three days and I have to say that it has literally brought me to tears.  At one point God was just showing me how many souls are lost forever...I saw their faces, heard their silent yet deafening cries of anguish, painted their anonymous faces, frozen forever in pain and fire rising...and I wept.  I have never cried over my artwork before, I have never felt such a heaviness emanate from something I've made.  It just goes to show what happens when you seek out God's voice and wait for his gentle voice to whisper to you.

Everyday God is breaking my heart again and again, bringing a deeper love for his people.

I feel like the 21 day fast that I took part in at the beginning of the year has really made me sensitive to His Holy Spirit since I constantly seem to be crying now.

Flyleaf - Circle
I was listening to this song in the car and it just made me teary.  This Flyleaf album has really made a huge impact, it is so outspoken about their faith in Jesus Christ.  I just love that they are taking their own talents to a new level, the lyrics and allegory of their songs are amazing.

Work Of Art-Remixed
This is a facebook group challenge that I have been in since August 2010.  Its based loosely on the actual reality show Work of Art: The Next Great Artist.  I am in the final two and the deadline to submit our final pieces is coming up so check it out.  I will be uploading a photograph of the painting I mentioned above on Feb. 8th.

I leave you with this:

[Psalm 51:17]

The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment