My last post indicates that my friend Mariam was asked to speak at the Just Run for a Just Cause event in Houston. That Friday before I picked her up from the airport and we drove down to Houston, she had been prayerfully asking the Lord what she should say to these runners who were running on behalf of victims of human trafficking. As I drove she told me what they Lord was asking her to say. The night before we met with some of the Pastors at Kingland Baptist and it was nice to see some familiar faces from the Free the Captives conference in February. The day of the race we talked to many people, but the word that Mariam had for them was quite different from what they expected. Mariam stood up before them and called them not to just run and pray for the victims of human trafficking, but to also run and pray for those who traffick them, because they too are bound by their sins and Jesus calls us to pray for ALL even those who we consider our enemies.
[Matthew 5:43-45] (ESV)Love Your Enemies
Mariam praying before she speaks.
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
It was turely a message that those who heard will never forget. After the race began we hung around and talked with some people in particular a young high school group that had just begun. Mariam was able to share her testimony and encourage them to pray. A lot of times we want to dive in and use our hands, get dirty but prayer is the best thing that you can do to help anyone. There was also a camera man there who asked to interview Mariam for a promotional video about the run and the Justice League there at Kingsland. Hopefully soon I will be able to post a link to her speaking and the interview she had. I was just so completely and utterly amazed at how God used her as a light unto him, it truly was amazing.
|Mariam viewing the wall created to inform people|
about Human Trafficking.
|Runners singing the National Anthem.|
|Two runners stop to tell Mariam how they were impacted|
by the message God gave her.
|Mariam speaking to the youth group.|
|Pastor from River Bend Baptist Church|
praying for Mariam after his run.
Sept. 24th, 2011 River Bend Baptist Church
|Mariam's name on the wall.|
|Mariam praying before she speaks |
at the second service.
Again God had a new message for Mariam to speak on: Freedom. Here are just a few things she preaches on in her short sermon:
1. God's forgiveness verses the forgiveness of man
2. Humanism/humanitarians, what they offer victims (which is physically freedom), and how by definition they believe they can accomplish a goal or solve a problem without Christ.
3. As Christians we have power in Christ Jesus to have not only physical freedom, but more importantly spiritual freedom/healing from any situation.
Gods forgiveness creates this in a person:
"The trafficker becomes the object to which I display my love." -Mariam KagasoYou can watch her speak in the videos below, its not the best quality but it does the job. If they don't work you can go HERE to view the videos.
Thank you to all who read these words and who have been praying for us on this journey. I pray that God would keep your mind set on things of his heavenly kingdom and his will alone. Many blessings to you.
[John 9:4] (ESV)
We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work.
1. During these speaking opportunities Mariam was here visiting on break from school, but has gone back to Colorado. She attends Ellerslie, an intensive ministry training school created by Eric and Leslie Ludy. As she is not working during her time there, please pray that God will continue to be her provision and source of strength. Also that God would continue to grant more opportunities for Mariam to share not just her testimony on Human Trafficking, but more so to preach the gospel that is Jesus Christ.
2. I prayerfully hope to attend a conference coming up in Oklahoma City this November. iGo is a conference put on by AweStar Ministries to invite people from all over to hear from missionaries and also to see how God can use you in the mission field. I do not think it wise to travel alone so please pray that God would send me a traveling buddy.
3. Also I am going to see Mariam for Thanksgiving! Pray for safe travel and that my short time at Ellerslie would a set apart time and provide me with more knowledge and wisdom about my King.
4. Continue to pray for Gordon Griffith, he was recently in the hospital with a serious infection and although now he is much better please ask God for constant protection from health issues so that he may continue to do the work he has been called to do.
Thank you for your continued prayers.